Thursday, May 8, 2008

"Finding God in a Clover Field"


“Finding God in a Clover Field”
by Bethany Hudson

One day, I
kicked off my
Sensible black pumps
And tried on a pair of
Shockingly
pink
stilettos.

I walked around
for awhile,
Decided I liked the color
But the heels were a bit much.
So, I went searching for a pair of
Bubblegum-hued sneakers.
The color was
a little girlish,
And the shoes were, too.
I tossed them aside and
began again.


Pastel peep-toes,
Coral flip-flops,
Fuschia sling-backs,
Baby-pink kitten heels,
Magenta espadrilles.

Finally, I found some
nail polish
The exact shade
of the stilettos.
I painted
my toenails
And ran
barefoot
through a field
Of pink clover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.