Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fantastic News!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


It feels marvelous to finally be able to share the good news with you all. Brian and I are thrilled. I am currently eleven weeks along, and I am due at the end of May. Sophia has no idea that anything is happening yet, but we hope and pray that she will be overjoyed when she gets to meet her new baby brother or sister this spring. They will be twenty-two months apart, which means I'm going to be a mama to two under two...at least for a few weeks! I will, of course, keep you all updated with more information than you'd probably care to know. The ticker at the top of this post will be placed at the bottom of the webpage, if you'd like to keep track of the countdown to birth! Prayers would be much appreciated during the coming months, if you feel so moved.


So, that's the fantastic news! We have so much to be thankful for! Pregnancy, motherhood, even childbirth are all such tremendous blessings from the Lord! He has granted me such grace, I feel my heart is too full of thanks to express it. So, REJOICE with me, because I feel that I must share this joy, which is overflowing from the depths of my being!

Oh, and Sophia's favorite new word is "baby." Isn't that sweet? She loves saying, "Hi, baby" to all the newborns at church and looking at the pictures of babies from around the world in a little book she has. Hopefully, she'll be very happy when she realizes there will be a baby at home.

16 comments:

  1. That is wonderful news! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for all of you! I'm sure Sophia will make a sweet and loving big sister. Hmmm, I wonder whether it will be a boy or a girl. . .

    God bless you, Bethany! I'll be praying for you and your precious little unborn one. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO happy for you and Brian!! And of course, I am even more excited to be an auntie again to this lil' baby!Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! Let's keep the fingers crossed for an overprotective brother for Sophia. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Bethany! That's wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mabrook! Here's hoping for twins. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your heartfelt congratulations, everyone! It really means a lot.
    Thursday's Child- Gosh, I hope not! I nearly exploded with just one baby last time! I'm too small for twins :)
    ~Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Congratulations to you and Sophia. Break the news on Facebook, will you? I don't want to give anything away :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Bethany! How very exciting!
    -Ivanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bethany, I'm so happy for you. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bethany,

    Great News! I think "Sophia and Sam" would be so cute!

    Love,

    Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Bethany! Will this change your plans to work on your Masters?

    ReplyDelete
  12. mumzykat- Thank you :) This will change things a bit. I will be defering my enrollment for a year so that I can stay home and enjoy our new baby, breastfeed more easily, and make sure that the transition to being a big sister is as smooth as possible for Sophia. But, after that, I am very much looking forward to getting my degree and beginning teaching!
    ~Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, good for you! I want you to teach - it is what I always wanted to do too. You will be so good at it! But there is a time for everything and this is the time for you to enjoy your babies - it will go so fast and you will never say you wish you had spent less time with them!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.