Sunday, December 7, 2008

Homemaking Tip #1


One woman's trash is another's home fragrance. For a cheap (read: free) aromatherapy trick, put leftover citrus peel down your garbage disposal the next time you run it. The delicious scent will fill your kitchen. You can also simmer citrus peel in a small amount of water on a back burner of your stove to permeate the house with the aroma--just make sure you don't let the water boil away! Who says you need to purchase Glade plug-ins (or anything else) to make your house smell fantastic?

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I do this often. I also reuse my rose flower pedals from hubby by putting them into a double burner on stove....house smells like a rose shop. I also throw lemons peels down the disposal when the kitchen sink needs refreshing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.