Monday, December 29, 2008

It's a Boy!


I had my ultrasound this morning, and our photogenic little baby left us in no doubt that we are having a boy! I will post pictures from the ultrasound as soon as Brian gets the chance to scan them in at work. We are so excited! Brian, in particular, is over the moon; though, before we went he assured me that he would like another girl just as much.

I can't believe that in five months, we are going to have a son! He is already so beautiful. Even the sonographer was commenting on what a nice nose he has; I think it looks like my husband's. But, my favorite comment was when she said, "He has such a beautiful heart!" Apparently the heart is usually difficult to view so nicely, but we got some wonderful footage on our complimentary DVD of our son's healthy (and, yes, beautiful) heart.

We do not have a name picked out, yet. Speaking of which, I have set up a new name poll. [name poll has since been disabled] There are a few more boys' names than before, and I have (obviously) removed the girls' names. If you have a few seconds, please stop by and cast your vote. You can either click the link in this paragraph or follow from the icon at the top left of the page. You will only be able to vote once from any given computer. Vote either "yes" or "no" on each name (you don't have to pick just one name that you like).

I am elated, and just had to share the wonderful news with you all. We'll keep you abreast of any news as the pregnancy progresses. Gosh, I am one happy and blessed mama!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We had our first son, Levi James, 4 months ago and are having so much fun! Oh Yes, God is so good!

    I am new to your blog and just wanted to say "hello" and tell you that I've enjoyed reading many of your recent posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Our baby's gender is a surprise and I am getting so excited about finding out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Congrats!

    I like Jack. I'm biased. It's my dog's name. He just *looked* like a Jack. It's a shame, because I love the name and now can't use it on any human babies.

    My sister showed up as a boy! My parents got a boy Cabbage Patch doll - then the "must have" item - only to be rather surprised. I *do* know that ultrasounds are significantly clearer now than back in the 80s :) Do you have a "must have" boy item?

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Great news [smile].

    ~Luke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allison - My cousin's first turned out to be a girl after being told she was a boy via ultrasound! With the new equipment and the clarity of the images, though, we're pretty certain this is a boy :) I'll show you why I'm so confident once my husband gets those photos scanned.

    I don't think we have a "must have" boy item. We definitely need a new carseat, since our daughter's is convertible and she's still in it... We also need a minivan because our sedan is too small for two carseats--we wouldn't be able to ever have anyone else ride in our car! But, something specifically for a boy...I don't know. I'll get back to you on that ;-)

    ~Elated Pregnant Mama (Bethany)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Bethany! How wonderful for you. Isn't it amazing how much you love them even when they are inside your tummy???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Bethany, how very exciting! Congratulation to you and your husband! I only have a second, but I stopped by because you hinted there's an exciting update, and I sort of guessed what it might be at this point of your pregnancy. :o)))

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.