Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sophia's First Haircut!

It was long overdue, but finally Sophia submitted long enough to let me take a pair of scissors to her bangs...not without a great deal of protestation, mind you. I was so proud that I managed to avoid either poking her with the scissors while she squirmed or make her look ridiculous.

I've been thinking, though: with a girl, you really only have to cut the bangs for the first couple of years. If it was this difficult with a good-natured daughter, what am I going to do with our son?

I kept her "first curl" in a little silver box that we were given as a shower gift before Sophia was born. It's so sweet looking at her little lock of strawberry-blonde hair lying in tiny black velvet-lined box. I'm sure it's something that I will come to treasure even more as the years pass.


And, showing off our belly button!

4 comments:

  1. I cannot believe how big she has gotten!! It makes me so sad that were are not close enough to see it. Well my niece is absolutely adorable, and it looks like you did a great job for her first haircut!!! Miss you all!
    XOXOXO
    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie and what a lovely blog. I found you because Google alerts let me know you're reading my book, The Catholic Home. Hope it's the paperback edition! And I hope you're finding it both helpful and amusing.

    May God continue to bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meredith - Thanks for stopping by. I enjoyed reading your book very much (just finished it last night)--though it was the hardcover edition. Since I liked it so much, I was going to order it; I'll make sure I get the paperback this time :)
    ~Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paperback edition includes more info re: The Blessed Mother, an index so it's easier to find stuff, and corrects some errors that weren't corrected despite repeated requests. I had a tough time kissing that up to God, can you tell?

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.