Thursday, March 26, 2009

Show & Tell Friday: The Nursery


With less than nine weeks until the baby is due, I thought I would share our nursery with you all. In actuality, the nursery will continue to be Sophia's domain until our newest addition is six months old. Until then, he will be in a co-sleeper beside our bed, just like Sophia was when she was first born. It makes nighttime feedings so much pleasanter for everyone.


One interesting thing about our nursery is that, apart from the paint on the walls and the carpet on the floor, everything in it was either handed-down, purchased used, or received as a gift, so everything has a wonderful story behind it. The bunny decorations on the walls and the crib bumper and matching quilt were mine as a child and later were used by a couple of my little cousins. The clock on the wall, as well as the cute curtains and the curtain rod with the bunny finials were gifts from my mother before Sophia's birth. The Baptismal certificate, which now hangs over the changing table/dresser is also a gift from my mother. The crib was given to us by some friends from church. The rocking armchair that I use for nursing once belonged to my parents. The magazine rack table next to the nursing chair was purchased for $5 off of Craigslist. The crocheted blankets you can see tucked away in a couple of photos were lovingly handmade for Sophia.

Most of these photos are actually from before Sophia was born, so they are missing a couple of lovely pieces of bunny artwork given to us by friends and family and the shelf that holds Sophia's few figurines, piggy banks, and music boxes given to her by loved ones. Sophia's Christmas present from Mommy and Daddy this year (a wooden rocking horse) also lives in the nursery, now, but does not appear in these photos. Once our little boy takes over the crib and Sophia gets her "big girl" bed, we'll naturally need to rearrange our tiny nursery to accommodate two. At that point, I will take some new photos of the nursery and share again. Until then, this should give you a hint of what our nursery is like. And, by the way, can you tell I love Beatrix Potter?




28 comments:

  1. What a sweet room! Everything looks so nice. Best wishes for your new little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful room for your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a peaceful room! I love all the bunnies...Have a wonderful weekend..Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the nursery. It's beautiful. I'm particularly in love with the clock. I wish my room had looked thus when I was a child. Your children, I'm sure, will remember it with fondness when they grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting you from Kelli's Show and Tell!

    What a PRETTY and peaceful room. I pray all goes well for you and we see you and baby USING this room !

    Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed your post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bethany..
    The nursery is beautiful .. love the bunny theme.
    Thanks for sharing.
    God Bless!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. The nursery is breathtaking, so calm and peaceful. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All so lovely and I like the idea you have so many heirloom items that belong.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beatutiful peaceful room. You have a real eye for creating beauty without clutter. (Oh how much I would like a chair like that!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So bright, so warm, so cheery, so loving. Beautiful!!!

    My Show n Tell is about our new Easter Lily. Stop by if you can find some time today. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. how sweet♥
    from a fellow beatrix fan;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job of decorating! It is very sweet looking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely room. I had Peter Cottontail for my son when he was born. Best of wishes for you. I so enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Precious, it is just precious! I too love Beatrix Potter and think it makes for a perfect nursery theme!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very sweet! I especially love that clock!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful homey place!!!

    Thanks for sharing...

    Just A Gal...

    ReplyDelete
  17. How sweet and happy! I want to do my future baby room in the original Winnie the Pooh decorations. I was wondering if you have already written the post on what you believe about purgatory. I have been reading your blog for a while and I saw that you had mentioned writing a post on that subject, but I couldn't find one.
    Blessings,
    Bealle

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like that giant art work on the walls! Thanks for sharing. Happy Show and Tell Friday. Here’s mine:
    http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/2009/03/show-and-tell-friday-apples.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bealle- I haven't written such a post yet, but I would like to be able to get too it soon...hopefully before this little one comes along. We'll see.
    ~Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh, that is soo beautiful! I love Beatrix Potter too! That bunny on the wall is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cozy and welcoming nursery you have prepared.

    Little One Blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a sweet nursery! I love everything Beatrice Potter and Peter Rabbit:)

    Our new little granddaughter's name is Sophia--just love that name:)

    Thanks for sharing your cute room with us:)

    Happy S&D!

    Linda C

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everything is so cute. The rabbit on the wall, ahhhh. Your rocker looks comfortable and just right for rocking a new baby. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a beautiful setting for a new life to begin...

    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a warm and welcoming place for your new little one. I'm sure that Sophia will love being a big sister.

    ReplyDelete
  26. absolutely adorable, Beth!! Can't wait to see the new little Hudson in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Adorable. Love the bunny theme.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.