Thursday, April 2, 2009

Show & Tell Friday: My Inspiration Corner


"In my own little corner,
in my own little chair,
I can be whatever I want to be.
On the wing of my fancy,
I can fly anywhere,
and the world will open its arms to me."

- from the musical "Cinderella" by Rodgers & Hammerstein

Our office/den is located in one of the three bedrooms in our little condo. This nook used to be the closet, but when we moved in, the doors were gone. Not to worry: it became a perfect, cozy niche for our computer desk. On the walls, I have put my trusty calendar, post cards and notes from dear friends and family, and any magazine clippings that inspire me. When I sit down to write, I feel surrounded by so many things that make me happy, and I am inspired to dream and create. As you can see, there is lots of room left, and I look forward to watching my Inspiration Corner grow with time.




Cute story: the Charlie Brown plaque used to belong to my best friend. It hung above the bed we shared every summer of our childhood, and when I went to college, I brought it with me and hung it on my wall, above my dorm bed. Now, it is still here to inspire me and remind me daily of the girl (now woman) who has been my best friend and surrogate sister from birth.

17 comments:

  1. It's so nice to have a place to go to with familiar things around you and where you can sit down and create.
    When is the baby due? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great place of inspiration...fond memories give good feelings to the "little one" so keep it up...wishing you much peace and happiness...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this little nook. You did a really great job of making it cozy and homey. And that plaque is too cute. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, Jax in Alaska

    P.S. Come on over to my blog for more show and tell fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all need a spot where we remember who we are. Thanks for sharing. Happy Show and Tell Friday. Here’s mine:
    http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/2009/04/show-and-tell-friday-my-questionable.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a creative idea to turn the closet into a cozy little nook.
    You did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything there is just a perfect touch and such familial surroundings. Love it.

    My Show n Tell is some of my treasured roses and amaryllis this week. Come by and enjoy the sweet fragrance and beauty.

    Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a good idea to have your little notes posted around your corner. I have a little corner too with my desk. I may have to post some of my cards and things there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the collage of familiar and lovely things... my daughter has a similar thing above the desk in her room. she has everything from einstein to mr. rogers to candy wrappers from her summer in japan☺

    happy writing my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your inspiration corner is precious! It is so soothing to have our little treasures surround us as we work.

    Blessings

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great little nook! It is so organized and neat..:)
    You story of the little Charlie Brown Plaque is so sweet! Have a wonderful Friday....Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Bethany..
    Thanks for sharing your inspiration corner with us.. Love the "Don't let life's little hang ups get you down" plaque and the story behind it.
    Have a Blessed weekend.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute spot! I love all your pictures. You made a very cozy place to dream!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Visiting you via Kelli's Show and Tell blog train!

    What a terrific idea with your clippings - if I had room to post some I would too, but the only place for me is a little out of the way... but i suppose i COULD make a computer desktop as an inspirational board?

    Thx so much, love new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How neat to have a special place to call your own and to let your creative mind just wander. Love the plaque, and the inspiration boards. Just such an inviting space. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love LOVE the Charlie Brown plaque ... it's a familar face from my own childhood!

    Victoria
    30 Days of Junkin' in April

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was wondering where that went! Just kidding. Glad to see it still brings a smile to your face and comfort in your heart.
    ~Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  17. good ole charlie brown! Looks like you have a nice space to work in.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.