Thursday, May 14, 2009

Show & Tell Friday: Mother's Day Gifts


I thought Show & Tell Friday would be an ideal time to share with you all the lovely gifts I received for Mother's Day. My thoughtful husband presented me with this beautiful bouquet of flowers in the morning (lilies and snapdragons--snapdragons are one of my favorite flowers). After Mass, he also made me a delicious brunch which he'd planned, shopped for, and prepared himself. And best of all, afterwards, I got to go take a pleasant little nap while he watched Sophia and did all the dishes! It was bliss.


Along with the flowers, you will see some beautiful crystal cake plates, gifts from my own mother who, I must say, spoils me and mine to no end! It was a wonderful day, and I felt so honored to receive these precious gifts from my dear family. Of course, simply being mother to my darling girl and baby boy-on-the-way is gift enough. Then, to have a day to celebrate it and to be presented with such tokens of affection...well, I can hardly express my happiness! I am blessed beyond measure.


For those of you who are keeping track, we are now counting down to the due date in single digits! I can't wait to meet our son and to "introduce" him to you, my dear readers. Thank you so much for the kind words, thoughts, and prayers that I know many of you have spared on our behalf. Please know how much I treasure them and how grateful I am for them!

15 comments:

  1. Lovely presents and how exciting that your little son will be making his debut so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are lovely and the plate beautiful.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. First....are you the luckiest lady here or what? I would love to have a hubby that likes to cook. I think I'd keep him if I were you.

    The bouquet is beautiful. And the cake plate is awesome.


    My Show N Tell is Disney today. Come by if you can find time. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful day you seemed to have had. You husband seems like a doll.

    Enjoy your flowers and beautiful cake plate!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers! The crystal is lovely. Can't wait to see the baby. God Bless this weekend.
    Cindy D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice you had a beautiful day! The flowers are lovely and that cake plate is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post! Your hubby is a darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pray your little one arrives healthy and soon! My children cannot wait to meet the twins, but are content for now to kiss my belly and love on them.

    What beautiful gifts for Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forgot to say, I'm in Central Washington. Hope you are enjoying our lovely weather! I'm praying it stays nice when we travel over to Swedish for my hubby's eye surgery at the end of this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flowers and cake plates are beautiful. How wonderful to be waiting any day for your new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. pretty flower and cake plate! sounds like your hubby did well for you on mommy's day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful cake plates. You are blessed from God with a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your cake plates and flowers are absolutely beautiful.
    hugs
    janet

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.