Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Update on James

**Update from Brian**
Bethany and James are staying in the hospital tonight and both doing well, while Sophia and I will sleep at home. I wanted to comment on the blog to thank you all for your prayers and support. While I have always wanted to leave Bethany's blog to her sole care, in this one instance it just felt right that all your support should be known and seen, even as she is next able to view her site or blog - so I've gone in and moderated to let all your supportive comments be displayed.

Thank you all for your prayers and warm wishes for our little man. We have a quick update on James' health: Last night, his breathing had not improved, so we went to the ER at the hospital near us. After some monitoring, we were transferred to Seattle Children's for more monitoring and tests. He had some cultures taken, which will be watched carefully over the next 5 days. If nothing grows in the first 48 hours (which will take us to about 6 AM PST on the 29th), he will be released to come home. If something does grow, he will be treated for infection at Children's for a week to 10 days, depending on the type of infection.

He is thriving very well, just continuing to breathe fast, and he's sleeping a lot. He has now been moved from the NICU to a "normal" room where Brian and Sophia and I can be with him round the clock. As much as we would rather have him healthy and at home with us, I told Brian while we were eating french toast in the cafeteria this morning, "I must be the luckiest mom in this hospital right now." The "worst case scenario" of heart disease has pretty much been ruled out, and everything else that could be going on is quite treatable. We are still a bit nervous--and VERY tired--but blessed.

We covet your continued prayers and thank you all so much for your support!

Now I'm off back to Children's to be with my little boy. We're praying that his breathing has slowed enough that there is no longer a fear of milk aspiration, which will mean I'll be allowed to breastfeed him again. Can't promise quick updates at this point, but I will keep you all informed as possible.

17 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that anything very serious has been ruled out! I will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in our prayers.

    Lanita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well HEY - so long as everything possible is something treatable! That's WONDERFUL!!! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying for you and James, Bethany!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh honey.. i am so sorry things haven't gone as smoothly as you would have liked, but how nice that you can all be together at the hospital. i will certainly be praying for your whole family♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definitely be praying for your family and little James!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you

    Blessings
    Amy

    PS my little 7mth old daugher is called Bethany!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you

    Blessings
    Amy

    PS my little 7mth old daugher is called Bethany!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saying lots of prayers!!! God bless all of you~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our prayers are with you all at this time. Praise the Lord that what ever the problem it will be treatable, but I know this is still not an easy time for you. Praying for strength and peace for you and a quick recovery for James. Also praying that you get to feed him again today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're still praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please be assured of our family's prayers for you and James. May God's healing touch surround you both and may you be home safe and sound very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband and I will keep the four of you in our prayers. And Bethany-Mom to Mom, remember to take care of yourself too! May God Bless you with wonderful support during this period of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying for little James...congratulations on the birth of a fine strapping son!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bethany,
    I was so excited to hear of the birth of your little one and am being very prayerful for you during this time! I know this is troubling at times but with your strong faith it makes it so much better.
    Many blessings,
    Leisha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahlan, little one!

    Mabrook, Mommy, Daddy, and big sis!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.