Thursday, June 25, 2009

Show & Tell Friday: Happy One Month Birthday, James AND Sophia's "Big Girl" Bed


I can't believe it's already been a month since my little boy was born! Here is our James enjoying some "tummy time." Look at those strong neck muscles in action! Who would have thought my geeky husband and artistic little me would have produced two children who could hold their heads up from birth?


And here's my "real" show & tell: In honor of James' arrival and with her second birthday only days away, we finally got Sophia a "big girl" bed! The bed is care of Craigslist and the bedding came by way of Target (and is actually on sale this week, at least in our area, if you want to get some for a sweet little girl in your life!) We haven't made the transition from crib quite yet, but Sophia loves her bed, and she picked out the sheets herself, so I think we'll at least be starting to take naps on it very soon.

14 comments:

  1. Bethany,
    What a sweet little guy.
    Pretty amazing he can hold his head up so early.
    And love those bed fixin's.

    blessings,
    Barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. James is absolutely adorable!

    I was thrilled to see the bedding that Sophia chose. I'm so sick of seeing commercialized nurseries! All the Dora the Explorer, Disney Cars, etc., rooms get on my nerves. (Not that any of those are bad franchises, I just dislike the commercialization of every aspect of our lives, and how young it starts.) I'm thrilled to see pretty bedding that doesn't fit into a "brand" theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwwwww, how sweet. On both accounts. Little James is getting strong!!!

    My Show and Tell is now posted. Won't you pop over for a chat and a spot of tea?

    ReplyDelete
  4. James is so cute........and I love the bed sheet, very sweet colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your son is precious. Is that hair red? The headboard is darling and the sheets perfect for your little girl.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your BIG girl furniture; you got a bargain, I'm sure.

    Here's my Show and Tell:
    http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/2009/06/abused-china-cabinet.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen those very bed linens! and liked them very much, I might add♥

    Congrats to your little lady as she makes her transition to the lovely new bed☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing the pictures of James and Sophia's new bed. Once again you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bethany,

    Oh, that's a lovely floral pattern...timeless!

    James is growing so fast, oh my goodness! What a beautiful boy...strong, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww! How sweet. Pretty room.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely little boy, with that gorgeous red hair. I just love red hair. No one on my side of the family ever had red hair. On Honey Bear's side, we have a niece by marriage and her two girls have red hair like their Mother.
    I think we graduated our daughter to a bed when she was about that age. The crib was second hand and about to fall apart. They make these rails that hook on by fitting under the mattress, to make the transition easier.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a adorable little boy. :-) And I love your daughter's room.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh Beth he is gorgeous!!! I LOVE Sophia's bed, too! I bet she'll be sleeping there in no time at all. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.