Monday, June 15, 2009

James' Baptism Video

Boy, what with out-of-town guests, my 25th birthday, James' Baptism, and entertaining for 35 in our 1275 sq. ft. condo, it was a very busy weekend! Now, the house is quiet, and we are missing our wonderful friends and family who headed back to their own homes. Not a few hours of cleaning and a half dozen loads of laundry later, I finally have time to post this video from Saturday evening: our precious son's baptism into God's family!


<br/><a href="http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?vid=0a22560b-29bf-4f62-804a-a9a06bff3a62" target="_new" title="James&#39; Baptism Ceremony">Video: James&#39; Baptism Ceremony</a>

I will post photos when I find another spare block of time. In the meanwhile, God bless! I hope you enjoy the video (and Sophia's commentary...she was next to the videographer!)

7 comments:

  1. God Bless you all.
    What a sweet family you have.
    I learned so much about life and God through being a wife, mother, and homemaker.
    This is so neat that we can watch this event on our computers.

    Blessings,
    ~D~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! And also, you're just beautiful! What a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sweet! Thank you so much for sharing such a special day for your family with us.

    I was surprised to see naked babies though! Our church just baptizes in whatever outfit the kiddo is wearing...is this a church preference thing? I've never ever seen it before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea- as far as I know, the naked babies is unique to our parish, and you can opt to keep your baby clothed if you want. It's a nod back to the baptisms of the early church when everyone--regardless of age--was baptized nude, then clothed in white. It's symbolic of shedding our sin nature and putting on the purity of Christ.
    ~Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's SO cool. The only thing that gave me pause was that I live in Wisconsin and am due in December. ;) I'd never seen that before, but that is SO neat.

    How's having two so close in age treating you? Any tips? My son will be 27 months when the BeanBurrito is born, and I'm admittedly very nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful video. I loved that they baptized the baby w/o clothes, like in the orthodox church. It brought tears to my eyes as Daddy rejoiced in James new life in Christ. I also loved hearing Sophia ask for hugs the whole time. You are blessed with two miracles Bethany. Enjoy this time. It goes so quickly.
    Blessings and Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HUGS! Oh it's just too precious. Hope all you Happy Hudsons are nesting well :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.