Thursday, July 9, 2009

Show & Tell Friday: A Precious Gift


My darling "little sister in Christ," Marie, was married this 4th of July, and I was honored beyond measure to be one of her bridesmaids...Well, technically, I was a bride's matron. The unfailingly generous, undoubtedly sentimental, and unequivocally elegant bride chose delicate pearl earrings as her gift to all her bridesmaids (and matrons!). They are from her new father-in-law's jewelry store in St. Louis, MO--isn't that sweet? Other than the pearl-and-diamond earrings I wore on my own wedding day (a cherished gift from my mother), these are the most beautiful earrings I own, and I know they will likely become a treasured heirloom in my family, just as I'm sure Marie would wish them to be.



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Pearl Earrings! Such a lovely gift! She sounds like a very good and wonderful friend!
    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're beautiful! I'm sure they look lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty pearl earrings. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treasure and wonderful memorable keepsake. I also love your descriptive words of the sweet bride!

    My Show n Tell is posted if you'd like to stop by. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your earrings are very pretty. You never can beat a great set of pearl earrings. I think they go with just about everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is a gem and it has been a true pleasure to be visiting you today. your family look darlings and as I have just been made a grandmother for the tenth time a week ago I sure do adore the childrens photos too. blessings to you from Australia. Lee-ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful gift, hope you had a wonderful time at the wedding
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty. What a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect - simple and elegant. What a great treasure - an extension of your friendship.

    I really enjoyed my visit today!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a blessing to receive from a wonderful friend. Laura@the mansion

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.