Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sophia’s 2nd Birthday, Part II

Sophia 2nd Birthday, part II 072i

The sweet birthday girl.

I can't believe my baby is two years old! For those who are interested, here's Part I: just a brief sentiment and birthday wishes for Sophia. Below is a sort of scrapbook of the day. It was a simple birthday, but a very, very happy one.


Sophia's 2nd birthday, part I 003

Our early bird was insistent on a bowl of strawberries while Mama was making waffles. You never can make waffles fast enough for a birthday girl!

Sophia's 2nd birthday, part I 011iSophia's 2nd birthday, part I 026

...Opening presents…

Sophia's 2nd birthday, part I 030Sophia's 2nd birthday, part I 038

Sophia's 2nd birthday, part I 034

Sophia's 2nd birthday, part I 048

Notice her attempting to put on all her birthday clothes at once.

Sophia's 2nd birthday, part I 051Sophia's 2nd birthday, part I 054

Sophia's 2nd birthday, part I 060 Sophia's 2nd birthday, part I 066

Stockmar crayons were a gift from Mama and Daddy.

Sophia's 2nd birthday, part I 021

James is nonplussed by the festivities.

Sophia's 2nd birthday, part I 074

Waffles are ready! Sophia’s favorite breakfast. Every morning she wakes up and says, “’affles! Sy-up!” Well, birthday girl, you get your wish today.

Sophia's 2nd birthday, part I 076i

Sophia's 2nd birthday, part I 078i Sophia's 2nd birthday, part I 082

Sophia's 2nd birthday, part I 083i

Sophia's 2nd birthday, part I 087 Sophia's 2nd birthday, part I 092

Sophia’s second birthday figurine takes her place.

Sophia's 2nd birthday, part I 096i

My little fashionista.

Sophia 2nd Birthday, part II 001 Sophia 2nd Birthday, part II 005

Sophia 2nd Birthday, part II 006 Sophia 2nd Birthday, part II 008

Grammie (my mom) and I took Sophia out to Elizabeth & Alexander’s for tea. It’s a tradition we started on her birthday last year. We enjoyed it so much that there wasn’t any time for pictures, so you’ll have to take my word for it! But, here Sophia is playing in the car. Had I known she would have gotten such a kick out of this, we wouldn’t have driven all the way to see…

Sophia 2nd Birthday, part II 009 Sophia 2nd Birthday, part II 014

…baby ducks! Wouldn’t you know, this is the only time we got to see them. About 10 seconds later, they waddled off with there mama and darned if we could find out where they’d waddled, too. But, let me tell you, we looked for a long time.

Sophia 2nd Birthday, part II 036

Sophia 2nd Birthday, part II 045i

Singing “Happy Birthday” after Sophia’s favorite dinner of spaghetti with Sicilian meatballs and fresh green beans from the farmer’s market that she helped me pick out after her nap this afternoon. The market was special Mama & daughter time, so alas, there were no pictures, but it was a wonderful time for the two of us.

Sophia 2nd Birthday, part II 078

Sophia’s birthday cake was inspired by one of her other favorite foods: peanut butter and jelly! It’s my staple vanilla cake recipe with our homemade strawberry jam and homemade peanut butter frosting. I decorated the cake with flowers from the market.

Sophia 2nd Birthday, part II 057 Sophia 2nd Birthday, part II 070

Sophia 2nd Birthday, part II 072i

Happy birthday, Bunny Girl! Daddy and I love you so much, Sweetie.

8 comments:

  1. Sophia is so cute. May God bless her with all that which is good in this world and all that is good in the hereafter. Your blog is very nice. The photographs are very beautiful. Let us pray for peace for the world. Let us make the world pollution free and save it for our children. Wish you all the best. God is Great.

    http://dynamicnaturesite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Bethany, this is so lovely. You're started some wonderful traditions with Sophia that I'll sure you'll both cherish as she grows. She has such an expressive little smile, just adorable.

    P.S. Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake?? Can you cater MY birthday party?! :)

    Have a lovely day,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh... I cannot stand the sweetness. She looks like such a sweet little girl and it sounds like a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't beleive your little girl is two years old! How the time flies. She is abosolutely beautiful and it looks like you all had a wonderful day togehter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too lovely. That cake sounds excellent.

    I especially love the out for tea tradition. That is so special, and a great idea!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post! It looks like you had a very special day!! Give the birthday girl a big hug from me! (and, I have to say, she looked adorable in the outfit I gave her :))
    Love,
    Caiti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! What a beautiful celebration of your little princess. Did you do letters again this year?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elizabeth- We did do the letters. Brian and I wrote them the night before her birthday and then read them to her before going to bed on her birthday. We keep them in the box that her baby book is in. It's my favorite tradition, actually :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.