Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy 4th Anniversary!


It's not often that folks hear from me around here, but today marks the 4th wedding anniversary for me and my beautiful, loving, gifted, and giving wife, Bethany. Four may not be a particularly magical number, but I have heard it said that you know what you're in for after year three. I don't know if that's the case, but for some reason, it seemed right to celebrate here with so many that my darling Bethany has built relationships with.


I've been trying to think of the most eloquent thing to post here for weeks, and I've become more and more convicted about the fact that it would be much better for me to be authentic than to make gallant, yet contrived, attempts at anything more.



Marriage is such a wonderful, God-given blessing, and I couldn't be more blessed than I am by having Bethany as my wife. I thank God daily for the fact that we've had so many wonderful examples of how to live as a couple and such supportive family and friends - but most of all, I'm so glad that we learned early on that in order to feel in love, we must choose to love. Just as we promised - during the best of times and the worst, when we feel in love or when we feel hurt, sad, lonely, or in despair, we must look to God to sustain us. Our individual identity and our identity as a family is found in Him.


Bethany, you are my soul-mate, my partner, and my friend. If I had a crowd to address and a mountaintop from which to do so, I would declare to the whole world that I'm hopelessly yours, now and forever. And, I pray that God would protect our marriage, inspire our friends and family to support us, and give us the strength and courage to do so for all of our married friends as well.

-Brian

13 comments:

  1. Praying for God's blessings on your marriage, now and always! Enjoy your special day!

    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was the most touching note. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful gift, Brian. May you both always know such happiness, have such faith and such joy. I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well now....that's pretty darn adorable. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on four happy years, two beautiful children, and God willing, many more of both to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet tribute! The photo collage is cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beth and Brian,
    Happy Anniversary! 4 years! Wow I can't believe it. It seems like just yesterday I was standing next to you guys on the alter. Congrats!
    ~Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary to you both. God bless and keep your family for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, is this just the most beautiful thing? Happy Anniversary!!!
    xoxoxo

    -Becca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary, Bethany and Brian! What a wonderful couple you are.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.