Sunday, December 6, 2009

Happy St. Nicholas’s Day!

DSC_0312

Treats to celebrate the Holy Bishop of Myra.

DSC_0324

Frutta candita, Italian sugarplums to celebrate the sweetness of Nicholas’ generosity.

DSC_0315

These papassini, traditional Sardinian Christmas cookies, reminded me of the Bishop’s miter and the golden sultanas embedded in them were reminiscent of the gold pieces Nicholas gave to the three poor girls in the legend.

DSC_0329

Clementines are a traditional symbol of generosity and have been left in shoes by St. Nicholas for centuries!

I hope those of you who are honoring St. Nicholas today enjoy your celebration! I hope to have more photographs for you at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.