Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The BEST Cinnamon Rolls...with Instructions for Overnight Rising

Cinnamon buns are, without question, best eaten fresh out of the oven. The trouble is, nobody wants to wait around for hours while they wait for dough to rise and be punched down and rise again before sitting down to breakfast.
 
The recipe shared here can be prepared the night before. Simply go through the shaping stage, and then, rather than letting the rolls rise on the counter for 2 hours, let them rise in the refrigerator overnight. They can then be removed from the refrigerator for 30 minutes prior to baking.

I pull them out before going for my morning run. Then, I have time to pop them in the oven while I take my shower, and the intoxicating aroma of cinnamon does the job of waking the rest of the family, along with some freshly brewed coffee.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, those are making me so hungry! I will have to give that recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello thank you for a wonderful blog. I am a cider fan (and collect recipes using apple cider) and a huge heirloom apple fan. I found your blog while I was searching for a recipe for making cinnamon rolls with apple cider. I have bookmarked this blog, I read a lot of cooking blogs and really enjoy this one. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.