Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Game of Life

Life is a roller-coaster. If you don't make up your mind to enjoy the ride, it can be terrifying, or at any rate, unpleasantly disorienting.

The past few days have been one loop-the-loop after another. Anything and everything that could possibly go wrong did. Frankly, looking back, I'm quite astonished that so many unforseen and inopportune occurences could have coincided in my humble, unassuming little life in such a short time frame.

I thank God that I started each morning off with prayer. If I hadn't, I know that I would have been screaming to get off this ride.

Instead, I found myself laughing and joy-filled. I marvelled. This couldn't be me. I'm not that person. I'm the person who pitches a personal inward fit when things don't go as planned (read: "my way"). I am not the person who finds herself amid tottering towers of moving boxes with four young children, a power outage, and no idea what to make for dinner--and laughs...and smiles. I'm just not that good.

But He is.
Thank God.

that this crazy ride has Someone at the wheel
and that it's not me
and that, if I trust Him,
the downs can be just as exhilarating as the ups
and He is everywhere
and right with me
always.

Thank God that life is a game, if only we have eyes to see it.
Thank God that we have the choice to choose joy when everything is upside down.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder that starting the day off with prayer and being open to God's grace as we ride the rollercoaster can help us to smile and, even laugh, in the midst of hair-raising plummets. God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for an encouraging reminder of God's grace and our need for Him! :)

    Blessings,
    Luci

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.