Thursday, November 18, 2010

To My In-Laws

Thank you for giving me the gift of your son.

For giving him life, bringing him to earth, and raising him right.
For feeding, clothing, and loving him.
For training him to be honest and honorable and hard-working.
For giving him strength, which is the meaning of his name.
For all the little things and the big

and then for letting him go
and welcoming me into your lives.

It has been 27 years since you became parents.
Thank you for welcoming the life I hold so dear.

Happy birthday, Brian. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. You are blessed to have in-laws like these, ones who let go of their son and welcome you. It wasn't like that for me. It's so very tempting to vent more about the things I went through, the passive aggressive (and not so passive) jabs, but to do so might be gossipy and I'm trying to focus on the positive things.

    So let me just say, you are lucky, and if he's the only son (which I think you said before) and they're still so welcoming, wow you are really, really blessed.

    --Keeping this one anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. You captured my feelings exactly my husband's birthday was recently too and I kept thinking about my mother-in-law. How she gave birth to him and how she held him like I hold my little boy. Who will one day thank me for him? It gives me courage and passion to be a good mother.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.