Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Fun

I honestly have so much admiration for single parents. Military spouses, widows and widowers, and all other manner of moms and dads who are going it alone, I salute you!

Tonight, my husband was at a youth ministry training retreat. Which means he didn’t come home for dinner. And, he’ll be gone all day for the same thing tomorrow. And it’s been a very long week.

So, what’s a mama to do?

Pizza party!

DSC_0048DSC_0025DSC_0021DSC_0027DSC_0028DSC_0029DSC_0030DSC_0038DSC_0018DSC_0022DSC_0042DSC_0043

The kids made their own English muffin pizzas (green pepper, mushroom, and black olive). Then, we had a picnic in the living room and watched Ratatouille.

You know, they say dads are the ones who get a free pass to eat junk food and go crazy when moms aren’t home. But, I say every parent reserves the right to be a little silly, a little messy, and a lotta fun with their children! Especially when they’re flying solo.

7 comments:

  1. AMEN! When Aaron starts working longer hours this winter, I pretty much am on my own with my two kidlets as well. Sometimes, you just have to throw caution to the wind, live, and let live a little. :)

    So...what kind of beer did Mama have? I see a New Belgium beer there: their Hoptoberfest is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yeah, they sell Fat Tire at our COSTCO. I only had half the bottle, though. The rest of it my son obligingly spilled on our "picnic blanket" so I wouldn't have to drink the calories. He's so thoughtful like that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, Fat Tire. It's such a nice amber. :)

    Wisconsin is the land of craft brewers, so we get a great selection. Not to mention, we started brewing our own beer - quite a nice experiment.

    Hopefully you'll have another fun day today with the kids:I know exactly how you feel these last few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I humble beg to differ--WI is A land of craft beers! As a Washingtonian, of course, I am rather loyal to the WA and OR breweries ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right! I'm certainly partial to Wisconsin brews because they're local, but what's lovely is that your area of the country is similar in terms of weather, topography, etc to Wisconsins. The people are passionate about their land, and their beer. I've had some Washington beers, and they're really very good as well.

    If you can find Moose Drool, it's a brown ale by Big Sky Brewing out of Montana: I think you'd like it if you like Fat Tire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! We totally always get Moose Drool when we visit my in-laws in Idaho! Small world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, the Germans had it right with their Sunday biergartens - beer brings family together. It is 'liquid' bread for many.

    And to quote one of my favorite historical figures..."Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Good ol' Ben Franklin.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.