Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother’s Day

DSC_0008 (2)DSC_0023

To the women who wait years to hear a thank you for the meals, the clean floors and comfortable rooms.

To the women who can recall days without conversation, punctuated only by cries for need.

To the women who read countless books countless times and never rushed and did the voices and gave hugs when the last page was turned.

To the women who teach the sound of “B” and the number 3 and the glory of a universe unfolding to eager minds and infant souls.

To the women who lose sleep—oh, so much sleep—and still manage to rise the next day with a smile, even if it is a little dimmer for exhaustion.

DSC_0074DSC_0061DSC_0038

To the women who believe that siblings can be best friends.

To the women who guard the sanctity of quality time, who turn off the TV and the xBox and break out the CandyLand, the cards, or Risk.

To the women who say no to what is good so they may be free to say yes to what is best.

To the women whose bodies are shaped by love and sacrifice rather than vanity.

To the women who labor on behalf of life and call it blessing.

DSC_0094DSC_0108

To the mothers of the world, I say, “Thank you!”

I say, “Well done!”

I say, “God bless you!”

Don’t worry, someday your babies will say it, too.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!

    "To the women who say no to what is good so they may be free to say yes to what is best.
    To the women whose bodies are shaped by love and sacrifice rather than vanity.
    To the women who labor on behalf of life and call it blessing."

    Loved this part! Happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same to you, my dear friend.

    This post spoke to my heart; I started working out of the house a few months ago, and now I have the stresses of the workplace as well as continuing to keep my house a home, and I feel so not up to the task, or capable of it.

    I have a 4.5 year old who has grown incredibly picky in his eating habits.

    My 2.5 year old wants to be Mama's helper, much to the detriment of Mama getting that important house work done.

    All I've heard is the complaints lately - it's easy to hear them more than the thankyous when you are stressed.

    But I work at home, and stay with my children, because I believe it to be my one true calling. My other job, it can wait. It is not precedent. My darlings are.

    And you, dear friend, were so good to remind me of that, and that I do what I do, not because I have to...but because I WANT to, and I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So touching. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.