Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Today, I open my hands, my heart, my mouth in thanksgiving.

For a warm house. For health. For jobs. For safety. For freedom. For faith. For inspiration. For my husband and our three beautiful children and our family and friends around the globe.

For our first gluten-free Thanksgiving dinner—cornbread stuffing, bacon yams au gratin, green bean casserole (oh yeah, I fried those onions!), cranberry sauce, turkey and gravy, and the special sour cream-and-chive mashed potatoes my late grandmother cooked especially for me each year when I was a girl.

Today Sophia announced the mashed potatoes were also her favorite dish. I could imagine my grandma smiling at that one. She loved nothing more than a happy child who appreciated her cooking.

DSC_0125

DSC_0138

For my sweet baby on her first Thanksgiving.

I cannot even begin to describe the joy this little girl has already been in my life. Precious beyond words. My heart cries out in thanks every time I look at her, think of her, wake up at 2 AM to care for her. I have never known such a privilege as being chosen as her Mom.

DSC_0143

DSC_0149

So, how many turkeys have you counted so far? Because this one is my favorite turkey/ham/camera hog! So much personality in such a little body. How did I get so lucky blessed?

That’s a bag of wooden acorns and maple leaves he’s holding. My mom gave us those along with a wooden bowl on the first Thanksgiving my hubs and I were married. We each pick a wooden figure and take turns giving thanks as we set it in the bowl before we pray. Great tradition. Even greater Mom/Grammie!

DSC_0158

Aaaaand…it’s turkey #4. Look at that sly smile. I swear she didn’t learn it from me.

Here she is reading The Thanksgiving Story by Alice Dalgliesh before grace. Now there’s something to be thankful for! 

DSC_0166

From my home to yours—
BLESSINGS, GRACE, PEACE and most especially LOVE.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! What a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am so thankful for my many blessings, which include all of you. Love, love, love the pictures! ~ Grammie

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.