Thursday, August 8, 2013

Welcome Back

Thank you, thank you, thank you (can I possibly say that too many times?) thank you, thank you to everyone who responded so encouragingly to my last post. Your kind words, inspiring stories, and prayers have meant more to me than words can express, but just for fun, I'll try one more time:

Thank you.

To be honest, I wrote that last entry with open hands and absolutely no idea where my discernment would lead me. As it turns out, it led me here. It's with a sense of peace and a lot of joy that I can say I'll be returning to post regularly here at The Apple Cider Mill - and of course, all the archives will remain intact for your perusing pleasure.

Since my mind (and hands and feet and, well, the rest of me) is largely occupied with the trimmings and trappings of setting up this year's (home)school, that will probably be the topic of conversation 'round these parts for the next little bit. If you're interested, stick around - it should be a hoot!

Since I've made it through 2 preschoolers at this point (James will be starting Kindergarten this year!) and I've had a chance to fine-tune my Preschool Curriculum, I'm hoping to post it in pieces here in a coming series. I'm experimenting with the best, user-friendly way to upload and format it for your use.

We'll also be doing some renovations on our schoolroom/den before the start of the year, and I'm anxious to share our DIY/space saver projects with you all!

So, stay tuned, dear readers! And welcome back.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so glad! Your little blog brings me such joy. :)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm really looking forward to your homeschooling posts! I can't wait! So glad you feel peace about continuing to journal/reach others in this way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're back. I chose the opposite on this one, but I still love reading blogs and I missed you and your lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so pleased to see that you're back! I'm looking forward to new posts, as the seasons change and the holiday season arrives. Happy Homeschooling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray!!! Oh I've been praying SO hard that you would resume sharing your beautiful life with us! You are such a lovely shining light for us fellow catholic homeschooling mothers! By the way, I've been REALLY enjoying listening to these outstanding catholic sermons online, from some great conservative priests - You should listen to the recent wonderful talks they gave on homeschooling, whenever you feel in need of some encouragement and motivation! Here's the link! (The homeschooling ones are listed right on the homepage as they were given just a few Sundays ago) www.audiosancto.org/ God Bless, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you found peace about what you want to do. I'm also so glad you chose to start posting again! I look forward to reading your blog--although we don't homeschool, our children do attend a Christian school, so I look forward to your homeschooling posts as possible supplements to use in our home, and/or during summer months. Also, we take it on a year by year basis and have considered homeschooling, so I am always interested to see what works for other families, since that may be a direction we take at some point. I have also enjoyed your posts on your family traditions, recipes etc. Your blog has been a blessing to me and inspiration on biblical motherhood and a Christian home. I totally understand having to pause sometimes and reevaluate your priorities--which is why you won't see me on Facebook anymore. I just needed to cut out those things that aren't the best use of my time for right now. I will continue keeping you in prayer--and it is good to have you back!
    Blessings, Holly Norris

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just enjoying one of your old homeschooling posts - 'The First Day' (in anticipation of your new ones coming up! ) and saw you didn't have anything specific listed for 'Art and Music Appreciation' so just thought I could share what we are using?! - For Music, we have REALLY enjoyed the CD-ROM that goes with the book, 'Those Amazing Musical Instruments!' by Genevieve Helsby. What I love so much about it, for young children, is that you can click on every single instrument and, whilst displaying a big, clear photograph of each instrument, you can listen to the rich sound it makes as it plays up and down the scale! It's SO wonderful to hear the crisp, clear sound of each individual instrument going up and down the scale one by one, and REALLY, really brings the orchestra to life for children!! My youngsters are always all round the computer shouting out the name of each instrument, as soon as it's on, whilst listening to the booming voice of the trumpet filling the room, or the smooth sound of the violin, etc! It's just fantastic! And for Art, the kids are GREATLY enjoying taking their own Catholic Homeschool Art Classes from Ginger Himes Art DVDs, sold by Seton Homeschooling Company! It's another great way to bring the experience, and exposure, right into your living room! Anyways, just thought I'd share these ideas with you, in case you'd like to check them out or include them in future posts. Take care, Bethany! Mrs F.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mrs. F - Thank you for the recommendation! I'll have to look into it.

    Holly - I did see your Facebook post on priorities. I'll miss seeing you around there, but hopefully, you'll still drop in at the Cider Mill from time to time ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.