Thursday, January 23, 2014

Sunshine and Marmalade








The jars begin dusty and eager to be filled. As if they are suffering from a little of the cabin fever we all feel these days. Or is it cabin fever when you're still so happy to be home? Maybe just a little gray-day blues, then. A yearning for those golden rays of sun.

And finally, they come spilling over the counter top, and there is no doubt in my mind that this morning's gutted grapefruits have only one destiny: marmalade.

There is nothing quite like bottling sunshine. Unless it's spreading a dripping spoonful on hot toast one dreary, fog-drenched morning while you wait for the tea to steep. A little slice of sunrise to brighten this Northwest winter. Neat and sparkling in jars to make me smile on those mornings...we all have them...

Reminding me the sun will rise. If not today, then tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.