Monday, February 17, 2014

Step-by-Step Guide to Transitions


One of my favorite bloggers, Kelly Ehrman over at Lavender's Blue Homeschool has just written the most succinct, fabulous guide to transitions for young children. With twin girls in upper grade school now, Kelly has a lot of experience and wisdom on this subject without being too far removed to remember "just how it was."
"As a homeschooling parent, you’re guiding a lot of transitions throughout the day. Whenever you are moving from one activity to another, that’s a transition, and for some children these are really tricky." 
Read the rest here
With two transition-phobes in my home, I know all about the tricky! I love the tips Kelly gives in how to nurture and guide those children who particularly struggle with moving through the day. If you'd like a little guidance yourself in this area, I highly recommend you hop over to her blog to read the rest.

Stay tuned for some examples of transitions that have worked for our family. I'll be posting them on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.