Monday, May 19, 2014

41 Weeks and Counting

So, I found this article the other day. There's no data to back it up, so who knows if it's true, but I did find the assertions amusing.

Apparently, these are the 3 factors that will determine whether you are more likely to deliver "late":
  1. Being Caucasian. Check.
  2. Being under 30. At least for another few weeks, check.
  3. Having a boy. Check.
I have to be honest, though, I've never gone to 41 weeks before, and it's making me a little anxious. 

On Wednesday, if I still haven't delivered, I'll have an appointment with my midwives to discuss how we'll proceed with a later, possibly post-term delivery. In the meantime, I'm trying to stay positive.

There are some silver linings to delivering later than I thought I would.
  • All the attention!
    With anticipation comes communication, and I've been getting it in spades. I've really be enjoying all the calls, texts, emails, and Facebook messages from family and friends eagerly checking up on me. Sometimes it's easy to get wrapped up in our little nuclear family, and it's such a blessing to remember that there are so many other people out there who already love our sweet baby boy.
  • More school.
    We are shifting to year-round homeschooling this coming year, but since I'm planning on taking a break when the baby's born, it's nice to know that we'll have completed nearly all of our planned curriculum by the time he's born. After all, who wants to worry about math when you could be playing at the beach in August, am I right?
  • A little more planning.
    Evidently, my nesting instinct has taken on a digital component with this pregnancy. I spent several days recently weeding through my recipe files, drawing up and/or modifying monthly menus for the coming months, and squaring away the last of my planning for the coming school year. Not a bad way to keep my brain busy - and off baby - as much as possible.
Am I ready for this baby to come out and meet the world? YES!

But as long as he's healthy, I'm okay waiting a tiny bit longer. I mean, he can't stay in there forever, right? 



           Right??

3 comments:

  1. I feel you. I've gone 41+1 with both girls and 42+1 with my son. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely update, Expectant Mommy! Something that might prove to be a great help in overcoming the inevitable post-natal exhaustion is getting yourself a bottle of Alive!, a fabulous liquid health supplement which has been a HUGE help to many exhausted mommies! I also give my kids 'Children's Liquid Health' - the bulk bottle of it lasts a few weeks between 3 kiddos! Just a suggestion, since it works so well for me! God bless you and love you! ~ C.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.