Thursday, July 17, 2014

Happy 7th Birthday, Sophia!


Seven years ago, this lovely young lady blessed my life by coming into it and making me a mama. 

I can never thank God enough for choosing me to be the mother of this daughter.

Sophia, you are sweetness personified.


You always have a kind word on your tongue, a creative thought in your mind, and hands ready to help any and all who ask. Your sunshiny attitude is a gift to your family and to all who know you. 

I will never forget the day you told me you loved housecleaning day the best of all the days in the week (except Sunday!) because when the house was clean, everyone was calmer and happier, and you loved doing work to make people happy. You will go far in any walk of life with that attitude, my girl!

And when I asked what your favorite thing was about being six, you answered me, starry-eyed and smiling, "Will. Getting my new baby brother."

Your love for others humbles me daily.


Thank you, daughter, for all you have taught me of joy and gentleness. I love you to the moon and back.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, these words brought tears to my eyes.... her inner beauty is reflected on the outside!
    Happy birthday Sophia, and Happy seventh anniversary of parenthood, Bethany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Wishing a happy (belated) birthday to your sweet daughter! It looks like you had a wonderful day. The birthday cinnamon rolls look like a fun way to start such a special day!

    Thanks for posting these tid-bits of your family life; it's always inspiring to see others crafting such a beautiful home culture. Your blog is such great place to glean ideas and encouragement!

    ~Jessi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessi! It is so inspiring and encouraging for *me* to hear from you all - it's awesome to know there are people out there who are as interested in and passionate about homemaking and family as I am. God bless!

      Delete
    2. Well, then I'm glad I left that comment. :) I didn't want to sound too gushy, but that's how I truly feel and words of affirmation happen to be my "love language." I hope you have a great day!

      ~Jessi

      Delete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.