Friday, August 1, 2014

August Feasts & Fasts

I've spent several years compiling my favorite recipes and activities for the liturgical feasts and fasts we celebrate as a family. Now that I've got I rhythm to these things, I want to be able to share them with all my delightful readers.

I'm beginning with the month of August, which is chock-full of wonderful days to celebrate as a family of faith! Please keep in mind that these are the traditions that work for my family and for our current stage of life. I invite you to borrow what works for you and alter what doesn't. 

My plan is to post a new list on the 1st of each month. 

If you have any questions about certain traditions or would like me to elaborate with a post or a recipe, please comment below or email me at applecidermama(at)gmail(dot)com.

I hope these lists will bless you through the coming year as much as they have blessed my family.


AUGUST FEASTS & FASTS
MONTH DEDICATED TO THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY

ST. JOHN VIANNEY (4TH)
  • Pray for priests and for vocations to the priesthood
  • Make a special breakfast treat or dessert for your parish priest, take it to Mass
  • Attend Mass
ASSUMPTION OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY (15TH)

ST. HELENA (18TH)
  • Be sure to serve some basil
  • If it’s the right time, use this day to make and preserve pesto for winter

QUEENSHIP OF MARY (22ND)
  • Crown statue of Mary
  • Pray the Glorious Mysteries

ST. MONICA (26TH)
  • Pray for the conversion of family members
  • Pray for deceased family members

ST. AUGUSTINE (27TH)
  • Blessing of the Homeschool Year

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm going to go for that crowing the statue of Mary for the Queenship of Our Lady Feast this month! A lovely idea! Here's a similar blog article that I think you'd love! http://amongstlovelythings.com/2010-2011-liturgical-teas/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beyond amazing and amazingly organized.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I'm so glad that you have come here to share your heart and thoughts. One quick word from me before you comment:

I ask all visitors to respect this as a place of peace. Disagreements are welcome, but please refrain from posting any ungracious comments. Thank you, and God bless.